Friday 30 September 2016

Sound video Learner Response

  • Fantastic choice of music - so evocative and a huge part of film history
  • Images and videos for parallel  superbly - very nicely edited too with good pace and transitions. Combination of videos , gifs and still images are combined well - not easy to do.
  • titles take something away from the video- trust your audience! If you need to use a title (and you really did it here) then the images and music aren't clear enough. 
  • Parallel stronger than contrapuntal... Horror stronger than action , the contrapuntal side. 

My own Learner Response

WWW:
  • I think I used the right amount of images, video and GIF's within my video. 
  • My music was completely parallel to the videos at first in the parallel part. 
  • The horror scene was an excellent contrapuntal GIF to the song.
EBI:
  • I don't think i should have included the headings as it forces the reader to understand that i am trying to force them to understand that it's parallel and contrapuntal.
  • I think I could have used another video that is more contrapuntal to the sound.
  • I also think i should have used more contrapuntal images to make it more contrapuntal to the music. 

My top 3

The first person's video i would like to evaluate and compare my video against is Ellis Hayes's. I think this Parallel and contrapuntal video was on of the best as the music that he picked was extremely parallel and contrapuntal to the videos used for both section. The song was perhaps quite relaxing and peaceful which was a significant synergy with the parallel images. It was great how his thinking about music was unique to other people's music. Additionally, compared to my video, i think i could have used a better contrapuntal video at the end where i showed the superheroes fighting against the villain. Even though the setting was destructive and it was violent, i think i could have used a more extreme and brutal video than the video i used. 

The second person's video i would like to evaluate and compare my video against is Sophie Carys's. Why I think this video is one of the best in the class? I thought that this video was one of the best in the class as the music was parallel to the video used for the parallel section. I think it went really well with the video as the music was a self - comfort music where they said "i feel pretty" which also contributes with the parallel video which shows a girl doing her makeup and being all comfortable about her looks. In comparison to my video, i think i shouldn't have put up the headings "parallel" and contrapuntal". This just sends a message to the audience that they won't know if it's parallel or not. It also shows how i am trying to force the audience to know that it is parallel and contrapuntal. So what i could have done better is that i could have not added the headings.

The third person's video i would like to evaluate and compare my video against is Carol's video. I certainly did like Carol's video of Parallel and contrapuntal music. I liked his video because the music was a classic music that would mostly be heard by higher class people. It was a peaceful and a dancing song which went well with the parallel video where it showed a couple dancing wearing formal dress making them look high class. Additionally, the contrapuntal video was also phenomenal as it was extremely paradoxical with the peaceful music. It showed Hulk smashing down a man on the ground several times which was extremely brutal and didn't match the music at all. With comparison to his video from mine, i think i should have added more brutal and horror images for contrapuntal to make it more contrapuntal instead of using Gifs of a man holding a gun because there is no violence in that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Photoshoot

1) Which of your main characters will appear on the front cover of your programme? The main character who is Natalie played by Sophie will...